Do you want to make the most of 2019?
With only 43 days of 2019 left, it’s never been a better time to make sure you are making the most of 2019, and all the opportunities it has to offer! Sydney is a hub of activity. Whether you want to network, make friends, begin a new hobby, or learn a new skill among others, now is a better time than ever to actively go after your goals. With such busy lives, it can be difficult to take time out for ourselves, and if you are the kind of person who can’t remember the last time you did something for you, then keep reading!
You don’t have time for such things right? Wrong. We all have time for the things we wish to prioritise. However, it can be difficult to make time for something you don’t consider to be “that important” when you have various different commitments. This is where a little bit of planning comes into play. Buy yourself a planner (I personally recommend Passion Planner). A little bit of time spent mapping out your week, your objectives and priorities can really help you to utilise better your time, and most importantly, make time for yourself, you deserve it!
Below you’ll find a range of different events, so there’s sure to be something that will tickle your fancy. Don’t wait until 2020. Try something new NOW!
1. Networking: LINKEDIN LOCAL SYDNEY XMAS: When? 27/11/19
“Join us and meet the people behind their LinkedIn profiles. Connect with them beyond their job titles, business cards and company names. Take your 'online' connections 'offline' and make a real connection at our #linkedinlocalsydney events”
2. Social: Sydney BeerFest 2019
When? Sat., 30/11/2019, 1:00 pm –Sun, 01/12/2019, 5:00 pm
“BeerFest will take festival-goers on a journey of beer and food discovery; exploring rare brews, beer/food pairing and exclusive festival brews, ciders, cocktails and boutique spirits from around the Country, direct from the brewers themselves…It’s the biggest and most anticipated BeerFest season yet. Australia’s longest running, original beer festival returns this summer with seven festivals taking place across Australia.”
3. Leisure: Scary Tour: Overnight Fright Experience When: Nov 22 2019-Dec 27 2019 (Cockatoo Island, Sydney) “Get spooked at an outdoor sleepover at a horrifically haunted harbour island this month. Before you hunker down for a moonlit slumber, you’ll wander through the eerie convict workshops and gaol on a terrifying two-hour ghost tour, and get goosebumps watching horror movie screenings in the campground cinema.” https://www.timeout.com/sydney/things-to-do/overnight-fright-experience
4. Music: Two Door Cinema Club
The Enmore Theatre, Newtown When? Nov 28 2019 Tickets: $82.90
“From these wild origins, Two Door Cinema Club have built a steady catalogue of playlistable treasures. Their second record Beacon (2011), picked up where Tourist History left off, riding huge first single ‘Sleep Alone’ all the way to Number 4 on the ARIA charts here in Australia, where the band have always enjoyed a strong following. If you’re a Two Door Cinema Club fan, you can’t miss the opportunity to see them live here in Sydney!”
5. Comedy: The War on 2019
The Enmore Theatre, Newtown
When? Dec 5 2019
“Look. It's been a year. From shock election results to climate catastrophe, things have been pretty terrifying. Is there anything we can do but laugh? If all you can muster is a chuckle, the Chaser is back and ready to help. This live show is a tongue-in-cheek review of the year that was. “
6. Leisure: Newtown Market
When? Saturday 23 November 2019 to Saturday 25 January 2020 (WEEKLY event)
“Newtown Market is held every Saturday in the heart of Newtown. Browse the stalls for artisan made bread, vegan cakes, music, books, plants, bric a brac, handmade glassware, handmade soap, vintage, new and preloved fashion, jewellery and accessories, local garage sale stalls, local makers plus more. There is always a bargain to be had or a gem to be found at Newtown Market.”.
7. Cinema: American Express Openair Cinemas Pyrmont When? Monday 18 November 2019 to Friday 06 December 2019
“American Express Openair Cinemas is returning to Metcalfe Park in Pyrmont, the scenic oasis overlooking Darling Harbour, for six weeks of cinema under the stars! Ticket holders can enjoy more than just movies, with an epic combination of gourmet cuisine, refreshing beverages, live music from local Sydney talent and the ultimate panoramic backdrop of Sydney's mesmerising skyline.”
8. Animals: Breakfast with Koalas at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo When? Tuesday 19 November 2019 to Thursday 31 December 2020 (DAILY event) From 7:15am “WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo offers the unique opportunity to meet their iconic Australian koalas, all while enjoying a delicious hot buffet breakfast…Included is a delicious buffet breakfast in the company of our adorable koalas and an informative koala keeper talk. Best of all, you get the chance to get up close with their koalas in their enclosure for a photo to take home!”
9. Tai-Chi Beginner Classes When? Saturday 23 November 2019 to Saturday 21 December 2019 (WEEKLY event)
“Tai-chi relaxes and regulates the central nervous system, promotes physical and mental well-being and releases emotional and physical stress accumulated through work or other anxieties. People of all ages can cultivate relaxation, balance, central equilibrium and physical co-ordination through these gentle and non-jarring exercises… A focus on awareness, breathing and visualisation techniques help to promote a deeper sense of relaxation and focus.”
10. Beginners Photography Class When? Tuesday 19 November 2019 to Friday 08 April 2022 (WEEKLY event)
“Are you a beginner and want to learn how to use your camera in Manual mode? Or do you have some experience and want to take your photography to the next level? If your camera has Manual settings and is a DSLR or Mirrorless then this is the course that will help you take that creative photo idea from your mind and help you translate it into a photo.” https://www.sydney.com/destinations/sydney/sydney-city/city-centre/events/beginners-photography-workshop
10 views0 comments